I know it has been a while since my last post and I apologize:( I had a new grand baby that was born and he has been keeping me occupied:) But, I am back and I am making a pledge to post at least once a week! I want to talk about Cayenne pepper today and it’s many, many benefits. It is not called the king of herbs for nothing.
“Capsicum is an age-old remedy used for improving circulation. Its long-term use also reduces inflammation in blood vessels, purifies the blood by expelling toxins and poisons, promotes healing and reduces infection, normalizes blood pressure, reduces cholesterol, prevents blood clots…Capsicum pepper enhances the health of the circulatory and digestive systems by increasing the flow of enzymes and enhancing the function of organs.”
Main medical applications: Today cayenne is used worldwide to treat a variety of health conditions, including weak digestion, chronic pain, shingles, heart disease , sore throats, headaches, high cholesterol levels, poor circulation, and toothache.
Cayenne is a powerful and pure stimulant, having NO narcotic effect, increasing the power of the pulse and carrying the blood to ALL parts of the body, plus equalizing and restoring the balance of circulation throughout the body ! Cayenne is a Hemostat, arresting the flow of blood from a cut or wound in seconds and a cardiac tonic, helping to rebuild the heart. It is an Antiseptic, killing pathogens and a Counter-Irritant, helping to relieve pain. And cayenne is a Stomachic, helping to digest foods and a Carminative, helping to expel gas.
Indian Ayurvedic, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean medicines use cayenne to treat many different conditions. One Ayurvedic remedy for pain combines cayenne and mustard seeds into a paste to be applied to the affected area. Ayurvedic medicine also utilizes cayenne to treat gas and poor digestion. Chinese medicine employs cayenne for digestive ailments. An ointment or tincture made from cayenne is used in China and Japan to heal frostbite and myalgia (muscle pains). The German Commission E has approved cayenne in the treatment of painful muscle spasms, arthritis, rheumatism, neuralgia, lumbago, and chilblains.
Applications Cayenne tincture:
• Cardiovascular support; cleans the blood and stimulates the entire system. Helps clear blockages from arteries, veins and lymphatic system. Also stops bleeding and dissolves blood clots. • Improves brain function; one of the most well-known effects is that of increasing blood circulation to the head- and brain area. Effective against cluster and migraine headaches • Can stop bleeding extremely fast, immediately flush the wound with the tincture (1 – 5 full droppers) after this pack the wound with Cayenne powder. • Improves circulation, and reduces or stop bleeding from stomach ulcers. When taken internally, it stimulates circulation. Used against indigestion and heartburn. • Breaks up congestion and speeds healing of colds and flu, • Used as a diaphoretic (sweat inducing-herb) • Helps lower cholesterol and prevent blood clots: thins the blood and heal the heart after a heart attack. • Alleviate sore throats and tonsillitis • Provides far more vitamin C than citrus fruits, and is one of the highest sources available for this vitamin.
Constituents: Capsaicin.Carotenoids; capsanthin, capsorubin, carotene. Steroidal saponins (capsicidins).
Dosage: Tincture: 5 -30 drops, 3 times daily Infusion: 2 – 3 times daily
DR. CHRISTOPHER ON HEALING WITH CAYENNE
Dr. John Christopher’s wisdom and experience will be mainly drawn upon. Dr. Christopher was a Master Herbalist and Naturopathic Doctor of great renown here in America and even abroad. His teachings were learned by so many and his influence was so great, that most would agree that he stood out amongst the three largest promoters of natural healing in the latter half of the 20th Century.
1. HEART ATTACKS: In 35 years of practice, and working with the people and teaching, I have never on house calls lost one heart attack patient and the reason is, whenever I go in–if they are still breathing–I pour down them a cup of cayenne tea (a teaspoon of cayenne in a cup of hot water, and within minutes they are up and around). This is one of the fastest acting aids we could ever give for the heart, because it feeds that heart immediately. Most hearts are suffering from malnutrition because of processed food we are eating, but here it gets a good powerful dose of real food and it’s something that has brought people in time after time. This is something that everyone should know how great it is, because a heart attack can come to your friends or loved ones any time. And even yourself. The warm tea is faster working than tablets, capsules, cold tea, because the warm tea opens up the cell structure–makes it expand and accept the cayenne that much faster, and it goes directly to the heart, through the artery system, and feeds it in powerful food. [Dr. Christopher¹s Newsletter 1-12]
2. STERILIZE AND STOP BLEEDING: The old herbalists claimed that cayenne pepper (Capsicum or red pepper) should be poured directly into a fresh wound, to sterilize and stop the bleeding.
3. MENSTRUAL CRAMPS: If a young woman has menstrual problems, she can suspect that her female organs might not be in good condition. Although it should be needless to say, we should avoid drugs in managing our menstrual cramps. In order to treat the symptoms, some people favor red raspberry tea, peppermint tea, chamomile tea, or catnip tea. You can take a capsule of cayenne with any of these to help warm the internal organs. If the cramps are really severe, you can use cayenne ointment externally on the abdomen to act as a counter-irritant, but be sure to cover the application with gauze, as it can stain your underthings.
5. TINCTURE OF CAYENNE heals wounds, cuts through mucus, good for sore throats, and tonsillitis; milder solutions can be used in the nose, eyes, and ears for cleaning up microscopic “lounge lizards” in infections. Has been successfully used for resuscitation of newborn infants; a few drops administered orally. The best and safest stimulant known to man.
6. CAYENNE SALVE: It is excellent for stiff necks, sore muscles, headaches, pain, stiff joints, arthritis, etc. The salve ingredients are Olive Oil, African Birdpepper (Cayenne), Oil of Wintergreen, pure distilled mint crystals and beeswax.
1. STOP BLEEDING: A wound, external or internal, will stop bleeding if the individual will drink a cup of water (preferably hot) with a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (red pepper) stirred into it. The bleeding will stop generally by the time a person can count up to ten after drinking the cayenne tea. The cayenne equalizes the blood pressure from the top of the head to the feet. This keeps the pressure from the hemorrhage area so it will clot naturally, which it cannot do with heavy blood pressure pumping the blood rapidly at the hemorrhage area.
2. NOSEBLEEDS: A teaspoon of cayenne in a cup of water (hot preferred) taken internally will stop most nosebleeds quickly. In an emergency such as this we use cayenne. As mentioned a teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a glass of water and drunk right down will stop a nosebleed in nearly every instance, by the time you can count to ten. This is not a miracle; it is the principle of the cell stimulant cayenne traveling through the entire blood stream and regulating the pressure so the pressure of the flow is the same in the feet as in the head or any other part of the body. This takes the heavy pressure off the hemorrhaging area and allowing a quick coagulation.
3. SALVE: As needed topically.
Ingredients: Pure cayenne is the only ingredient in the powdered cayenne.
Salve ingredients are Olive Oil, African Birdpepper (Cayenne), Oil of Wintergreen, pure distilled mint crystals and beeswax.
1. EYES: Cayenne is also used for eyes, however extreme that might sound. Dr. Christopher recalled a student of his standing in front of a lecture and throwing a pinch of cayenne into one eye. Dr. Christopher was sure the student had lost his senses! But in a few moments the eye stopped watering, and it became clear, bright and healthy-looking. [This is why Dr. Christopher has Cayenne in his Herbal Eyebright formula].
2. DEEP CUT: A person in our audience told how he had cut deeply with a sharp instrument the inside of his hand, fingers and palm. The blood spurted out in streams. He poured a large amount of cayenne pepper into the wound, and within seconds the blood flow slowed down to congealed dripping and the bleeding stopped entirely before many seconds had passed. With a goodly amount of cayenne covering the wound, he then wrapped it. He was so excited about the rapid results he could hardly wait for the regular herb meeting. But, as he said, the “punch line” was lost, because instead of a nasty ragged scar to show how severely he had been hurt, the area was healed and there was no scar. [Dr. Christopher¹s Newsletter 1-12]
3. ULCERS: A lady had been attending our herbal lecture series for some time. One day she told us about her husband’s severe case of stomach ulcers. The recommendation from their doctor was to have part of his stomach removed, but he said he would rather suffer the pain than risk such an operation. He also refused his wife’s suggestion to try cayenne, ridiculing her studies. When he would see me in town, he would bellow, “Hello, Doc! Killed anybody with cayenne, today?” He became so obnoxious, I avoided him when I could. Months went by and one day I saw him coming down the street toward me. I tried to avoid him but he came “head on.” This time I was amazed because there were no cutting remarks or sarcasm. In fact, he was very apologetic and asked if he could talk to me for a minute, and then told me this story: He had come home from work one night, “sick enough to die,” with stomach ulcers. His wife was not home. He was in such pain he wanted to commit suicide. He went to the medicine cabinet to find some kind of medicine poisonous and deadly enough to kill him. But he discovered his wife had thrown out all the old bottles of pharmaceutical medicine. All that was left in the medicine cabinet were some herbs and a large container of cayenne pepper. He was so angry that, upon seeing the cayenne, he figured it in a large dose would kill him by burning him up. He took a heaping tablespoon of cayenne in a glass of hot water, gulped it down and rushed into the bedroom. He fell upon the bed and covered his head with a pillow so the neighbors couldn’t hear his “dying screams.” The next thing he knew, his wife was shaking him awake the next morning. She told him he had slept all night (instead of being up every half-hour for anti-acid tablets). To his amazement he discovered that the pain was gone, for the first time in months. He continued using cayenne three times a day faithfully. [Dr. Christopher¹s Newsletter 1-12]
4. BLOOD PRESSURE – Dr. Christopher’s Own Story: I had hardening of the arteries, during my 20 and 30 year span, to a point that it was very severe. No insurance company at this time, would even take me for a $1,000 policy. So you can tell how bad of a condition I was in. I was quite concerned about it, and started using cayenne. I worked up to a teaspoon three times a day, and I continued on from the time I was thirty-five and am still using it. It was amazing! By the time I was forty-five years of age, ten years after I had started using cayenne, a group wanted me to have a $100,000 policy to insure them on a business deal we were working out. I went for the examination. Being this large a policy, the insurance company required two medical doctors, each to give two physicals at various times (being four times to have physicals with these two doctors). I took the examination and one medical doctor when he got through, said, “Well, this is astounding. I see your age is forty-five years, but you have the venous structure of a teenage boy.” He said, “This is excellent,” and he gave me a clean bill of health. I went to the other doctor and on his second examination he did the blood pressure test on my arm. He pumped his equipment up five different times and my arm was getting irritated by it, and I was getting a little perturbed, and I said, “What’s the matter, doesn’t your equipment work?” “Oh yes, it always has up till now, but I keep looking at your chart and it says you are 45 years of age and yet your systolic over your diastolic is absolutely perfect. I cannot comprehend it.” I said, “That’s correct. It is perfect.” And he also gave me a clean bill of health. So I passed at 45 years of age for a $100,000 policy with a good blood pressure showing, thanks to the cayenne.
I have been told by medical doctors, that because of my arthritis, hardening of arteries, stomach ulcers and some auto accidents that banged me up pretty badly, that I couldn’t live past my 40th year. Yet, at 45 years I was pronounced in good condition. This, to me, was one of my biggest sales points on cayenne. If it could help me, it could help anybody. I have seen it used so many times over the years with such success, that I feel that it is one of our great herbs. [Dr. Christopher¹s Newsletter 1-12]
After Birth: Dr. Schulze, a medical doctor and herbalist, has used Cayenne Tincture for hemorrhage after childbirth. Squirt 15-20 dropperfuls directly into the vagina. The bleeding should stop in seconds.
Before and During Birth: The Cayenne Tincture can be taken orally, and will have the same effect of stopping bleeding quickly. If no tincture is available, a cup of cayenne tea, taken warm is also effective. Yes, it will be hot, but in an emergency, with the only other alternative being death, I don’t think you will mind.
It’s a good idea to have some of this Cayenne Tincture made up already. Please make it yourself, fresh. Any tincture bought at a store will be weak and useless. You will not be able to rely on store-bought tinctures in an emergency. Although tinctures usually take 14 days to make, in an emergency a fresh tincture will still be more potent than anything at the store.
The African Bird Pepper is the purest and best stimulant known. It has a pungent taste, and is the most persistent heart stimulant ever known. It is exceedingly prompt in its effect. Through the circulation, its influence is manifest throughout the whole body. The heart first, next the arteries, then the capillaries and the nerves. We have known, in cases of apoplexy, a bath of hot water and mustard with half a teaspoon of Cayenne added and the feet thrust in to give good results. The pressure is removed from the brain by equalizing of the circulation.
In setting forth the above uses of this agent, we do not wish the student to consider it a cure-all. Such is not the case; but where a stimulant is needed of this type, it will not fail the physician. It is not used more because its value is not realized. ” Dominion Herbal College – Chartered Herbalist Diploma Course Book
—Description—Cayenne or Capsicum derives its name from the Greek, ‘to bite,’ in allusion to the hot pungent properties of the fruits and seeds. Cayenne pepper was introduced into Britain from India in 1548, and Gerard mentioned it as being cultivated in his time. The plant was described by Linnaeus under the name of C. frutescens proper. This species appeared in Miller’s Garden Dictionary in 1771. It is a shrubby perennial plant 2 to 6 feet high. Branches angular, usually enlarged and slightly purple at the nodes; petioles medium; peduncles slender, often in pairs, and longer than the fruit; calyx cup-shaped, clasping base of fruit which is red, ovate, and long; seeds small and flat, from ten to twenty-nine. The cuticle of the pericarp is uniformly striated and in this particular is distinct from other species. Taste very pungent and smell characteristic. It is difficult to determine the source of true powdered Capsicum, as the colour is affected by light, so that it should always be kept in dark receptacles. African pepper is generally light brownish-yellow colour and very pungent; its pungency appears to depend on a principle called Capsicin. Cayenne is sometimes adulterated with oxide of red lead, which may be detected by digesting in dilute nitric acid. Other adulterants are coloured sawdust which can be found by the aid of the microscope. The British Pharmacopceia requires that capsicum should yield not more than 6 per cent of ash, and this test detects the presence of most adulterants.
—Constituents—Capsaicin, a red colouring matter, oleic, palmitic and stearic acids.
—Medicinal Action and Uses—A powerful local stimulant, with no narcotic effect largely used in hot climates as a condiment, and most useful in atony of the intestines and stomach. It should not be used in ordinary gastric catarrh. For persons addicted to drink it seems to be useful possibly by reducing the dilated blood-vessels and thus relieving chronic congestion. It is often added to tonics and is said to be unequalled for warding off diseases. Herbalists use it largely in pill form and powdered. Externally it is a strong rubefacient and acts gently with no danger of vesication; is applied as a cataplasm or as a liniment; it can be mixed with 10 to 20 per cent of cotton-seed oil. The powder or the tincture is beneficial for relaxed uvula. A preparation in use in the West Indies called Mandram, for weak digestion and loss of appetite, is made of thinly sliced and unskinned cucumbers, shallots, chives, or onions, lemon or lime juice, Madeira, and a few pods of bird pepper well mashed up in the liquids. It can be used as a chutney.
Cayenne Pepper Shown To Kill Cancer Cells By Glenn Reschke
The emergence of homeopathic and herbal remedies is on the rise due to the lack of progress made by the traditional allopathic approach. Billions has been spent on cancer research yet there is no cure in site. Perhaps not. Learn in this article how scientific researchers discovered that the simple herb cayenne pepper’s chief component actually causes cancer cells to kill themselves.
Did you know cayenne pepper has been documented as capable of destroying cancer cells? Who has reported this? None other than the American Association of Cancer Research. This should be reported in the American media but endless celebrity stories about Brittany Spears’ new hair cut or O.J.’s latest shenanigans are judged more important. With the stranglehold that Big Pharma and the government have on health information and services in this country, it’s not a surprise. It is, therefore, left to the truth seeker to discover alternative options.
Capsaicin, the key ingredient in cayenne pepper, kills androgen-independent prostate cancer cells within the male body. Aside from its numerous and varied health benefits, cayenne pepper’s anticancer properties should be enough to warrant a closer look but when one considers cayenne’s heart health benefits not to mention its affects upon every organ in the body, it rightly qualifies as nothing short of miraculous.
In an article entitled, “Hot Pepper Kills Prostate Cancer Cells in Study” as published in Reuters on March 16, 2006, Dr. Soren Lehmann of the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and the University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine said the following, “Capsaicin had a profound anti-proliferative effect on human prostate cancer cells in culture.” It caused 80 percent of the prostate cancer cells growing in mice to “commit suicide in a process known as apoptosis.” Additionally, researchers said this in Cayenne Pepper “dramatically slowed the development of prostate tumors formed by those human cell lines grown in mouse models.”
Researchers say that while there is not that much difference in prostate cancer cells from other cancerous cells so this study is quite interesting to say the least. So, how do you take cayenne pepper? You can take it in a capsule form, but its greatest benefits are taken by drinking it? “Drinking it”? Yes, taking it orally. By doing so, it has a literal immediate effect. You simply mix 1/4th of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder in an eight ounce glass of water (distilled or purified water is best), mix it up and drink it. Don’t worry, it won’t hurt you but is highly beneficial. In time, you’ll want to move up to a full teaspoon or more, but start slow. The body will adapt. The first few times you take it, it will come out of your eliminative organs with some heat. Don’t be alarmed. It’s perfectly natural. By the third time I drank it, my body had acclimated.
Cayenne pepper has amazing curative and healing powers and is fantastic for the entire system. Its effects upon the venous structure and heart are nothing short of miraculous.
Famed homeopathic herbalist Dr. John Christopher testified repeatedly that by getting his patients to take cayenne pepper, it could immediately stop a heart attack. It is enormously nourishing to the heart but that is not its only health benefit. It is now a scientifically proven catalyst to destroying cancer cells as well as stopping their growth — and that’s something every cancer sufferer should know.
I use organic cayenne pepper in powder form and I take 1 tsp twice a day in very warm water with 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar added in stir until dissolved and drink down quickly with a water chaser:) You will have to build up to 2 tsp a day I wouldn’t start off with that right away….try 1/8 tsp twice a day until you can build up to 2 tsp a day.
until next time be safe and here’s to your health:)